Aight last Friday was the 2nd day back at Thesis class and two main things happened that day. Critiques and start of work within the publicity group. Critiques were held on the second floor didn't have really anything to show because I recently changed my idea and came up with two new ones. They both deal with narrative and the element of variations.
1)personal narrative ~ dealing with self portraiture and the idea of all the nicknames I've accumulated the past years of my life. Going to take 11 of top ones that I like and friends like the most and show about the different characteristics and style that each represent compared to me in general. In total there will be 12 potraits in the piece.
2)multiple narratives ~ Got the idea from Mr. Robert Frank's exhibition at the MET, The Americans. He showed off his contact sheets, which is a rarity to allow the viewer to see the process and the different type of shots that the artist took before choosing their final print. So I'm going to take that idea but put it in the eyes of an illustrator and gather up to 200/300 sketches throughout the month. (unique thing is not everything I sketch is in the typical sketchbook, but rather many different type of things....on the computer, lined paper, the wall, a/ other things) Going to gather all of these and mess around with the different textures and what not and see if I can arrange a composition that tells the narrative in some manner.
The publication group is in the works and for now we have at least the promotion of the show on lock. This week we look to see if we can get a name for the show or narrow it down to a few and work out the other lil things that will be needed. Peace.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

how's your project developing? i look forward to seeing more in your crit time next week!
ReplyDelete