So from here on out, should be an easy day, but nope. Try to take the E, to Lexington Ave, but nahh for some reason the E had to say I'm not working today go over to the NQR blah blah subway area. So we walk back to that subway and finally get on to the N that takes us to the next set of subway trains and then finally walked to the MET (we got soaked a lil on our walk to the MET).
Finally made it to the exhibit around 5 -______- so much for a quick in and out of NYC and home to hang with some friends.

Robert Frank's gallery dealt with black and white photography. Robert Frank tried to capture the ugliness and the beauty of America during the 1950's and on. He also tried to show the racism, the people of america, and the hidden beauty that some people might not see too with his photos.


These were the two photos that I liked most out of the 83 that were displayed. Reasons why were because of the composition and the appeal of the two photos. I've never seen a drive in movie place, except in movies or tv shows, and in the other photo with the people looking at the covered body from the car accident. I thought these two photos were very powerful photos that carried themselves because it seemed they would have a very involved and deep narrative to them. The great thing I like taking from photography is the way, photographers capture a moment and the way they capture it. Depending on the composition of the photo will make it a good photo or a great photo. This ties in really well with when I try to draw up a piece that I want to convey a strong narrative or convey a strong panel in a graphic novel.
Here's a cool quote from Robert Frank, "I am always looking outside, trying to look inside, trying to say something that is true. But maybe nothing is really true. Except whats out there. And what's out there is constantly changing."
~Robert Frank~
After the exhibit, walked all the way back to the subway getting soaked by the heavy rain, and we decided to hit up Friday's for some grub. Food was great and got energized, and finally made our last trip out to Penn Station. So I thought I was gona be relieved to go back home, but nahhh not today.

Had to wait two hours, since we got there at 8 for our train home -_____-. Finally got home at 11:30pm. Overall the trip to NYC sucked cuz of the rain, but the food and the visit to Robert Frank's Gallery made it worth while.


No comments:
Post a Comment